Right ladies, I'm sure you're wondering what to spend those pennies on you are saving. Maybe a holiday a nice handbag or coat the list in endless. But I thought I'd reviews some gadgets that really work and are well worth saving up for.
Two years ago I got my Laser Hair Removal Machine and yes it does work. When I bought it I got it on a special for £240.00. Now I am very faired skinned so it works like a dream on me. Remember the darker your skin the higher the chances it won't work as your skin will absorb the light instead of reflecting it off. It takes longer to do than going the professional route but is a lot cheaper. I did it once a week on my bikini area for about 9-12 months and now I do it once every month or so. Its a lot cheaper than having it done professionally, the hair growing back and having to go back to a professional clinic and pay again and yes your hair will eventually grow back. Clever me however forgot to do under my arms so now I'm doing it once a week again under my arms. I have to bear in mind though that I waxed my bikini line for a long time so the hair was already a bit thinner. What I did was I stopped waxing, lasered the hair and then shaved it off. 4 weeks later I did that again and slowly but surely the hair stopped growing back or would fall out. But I would alternate and some times shave first and laser and some times laser and then shave. Now however there are so many more choices on the market for laser removers that are really good. Do your research however and don't forget to search for the best price. Here are few I would recommend, the new boots one or the Philip's new one at Amazon there is also the Remington one from Amazon.
My other great buy is my Kindle. Now I normally only have time to read when I am travelling and a book really does weigh your handbag down and this is REALLY VERY BAD FOR YOUR BACK!!! Now I'm very traditional and really do like the feel of the book. Also I didn't want to damage my eyes which is what happens when you read a book off of your phone or computer screen. So Kindle it was and I love it. Its light and can hold of 3000 books. 60% of the time they are cheaper too and you get so many free books on Amazon too:) I try to buy my books through my Nectar account and get points still however. You can do this through the Kindle though as well. I went for the cheaper option and just go the normal WiFi option . The difference between the 3G and the WifFi is that with the 3G you can download a book and go on the Internet anywhere but don't forget this has to be linked to your phone or service provider and you will get charged for this. WiFi you can only connect in a WiFi area or with your own WiFi at home but then there are no surprises when your bill comes unless you have unlimited data on your mobile. I bought my Kindle on the 8th of July I've read a 800 page book and am 36% (according to my Kindle) through the 3rd book of the Game of Thrones series also about 800 pages and I've charged it twice, when I bought it and about 2 weeks ago. The Kindle only uses power when you down load books, search the Internet and turn the page. The great thing about the design is that when you are standing and been swayed on the train or tube you can change the page with one hand. I no longer fall onto people when I try to change the book.
To keep it light I decided not to get one of the heavy covers but got this pouch instead. I thought that these silicone skins would be like the silicone covers for phones but they are really just stickers but they identify it and it looks really funky. They would be void if I had one of the traditional covers however. So my Kindle looks fab:)
At the moment the latest Samsung Smart phone is top of the market. I'm not a big Apple fan so I did my research and I bought the HTC desire last year April at the time it had the fastest Internet browser. I would like to look into getting a tablet this year. I personally think the HTC Flyer is a bit expensive but the plain wifi option is considerably cheaper. It depends what you are going to use it for. If you want to keep your Internet usage in control, if like me you have unlimited data on your mobile contract just put your mobile sim card in the 3G version. The new Samsung Galaxy Tablet P101 is a bit wide for my liking I prefer the orginal size of the Samsung P1000 Galaxy tab but from the reviews I've read they are both great. And a friend has the original P1000 which he got for a bargain of eBay with a separate key board and its great. The main difference I think between the iPhone and the Android phones are the apps. The other tablet I'm keeping my eye out for is the new Sony Tablet S . I've been told by my IT friend to wait for Christmas. There will be a lot more on the market then and the prices will drop. For what I want it for though I think I will be quiet happy with the Samsung P1000 Galaxy tab and will probably go for the 3G option so that if I go away and take it with I can use my O2 data allowance for my mobile.
Speaking of mobiles and contracts. Do your homework to get a cheaper contract. A lot of companies offer you a discount that you can use at O2 or Orange. I got a discount with work through O2 and I took out the simplicity contract, I think I got a £100.00 credit on the contract if I took out a 12 month contract. On the Simplicity Sim only I get 300 minutes and unlimited texts for £10.00 for an additional £5.00 I got unlimited data (this add on is no longer available and I refuse to change my contract now because of this)and for another additional £10.00 I get 3000 international minutes to 3 land lines that I have to specify but can change once a month. So for £26.00 plus vat I'm sorted but I didn't get my phone with my contract I bought that separately because in the long run of 24 months it worked out cheaper. Always work out if its cheaper to do the Simplicity Sim only contract and buy the phone separately or whether its cheaper to get a contract with the phone. If my phone breaks and I look at getting a contract with a new phone it will only be next year or the year after but I will approach O2 and ask them what they can offer me otherwise I'll go to another service provider, hek I've got nothing to loose.
If you're looking for a new laptop and don't know what to look for, I look for weight, I don't like heavy things and the processor to go for these days is the Intel Core i3 or up depending on your need. Not sure ask an IT friend or your IT Mr Fix it at work.
My other little gadget I use that doesn't cost a fortune is my peeler. Yes my veggie peeler, why because a tip I learnt in Holland, use to cut cheese into fine slices:)
Right I'm off for my run, I'm doing the great North Run next week-end. So happy gadget searching. I hope you are still doing your lunges and squats, putting on your creams and body buffing. My exercise tip for the day is when you brush your teeth do calf lifts for 50 counts on your bottom teeth for the top teeth turn your feet out heels together and do another 50 keeping your muscles taunt and your bum tight:)
No comments:
Post a Comment