Friday, 2 September 2011

Dress fab for less

I am always surprised at the amount of people that think I spend a fortune on beauty products and clothes.  I don’t.  The truth is if you look at the outfit I just put on my what to wear page, the all in black one, it cost me the whole of maybe £30.00 the trousers are from Matalan, I’ve had these for a few years but they are stretch so see me through the good days and the I shouldn’t of had that chocolate bar day.  The top I made myself and the shoes look really smart and expensive with this outfit but only cost £15.00 from New Look.  Remember it’s how you wear them that make them look cheap or expensive and classy.  Though I have recently learnt that it is well worth investing in a good pair of leather sensible high heel boots, a good pair of comfortable black high heels and a winter coat, because in the long run they last longer and if you don’t have to buy new every year, it will save you money.  You’ll also save money on cobbler charges.
Now my new trick before I buy any of these is to try them on and then look for them on eBay as new items or Amazon.  I was in Pares Footwear on the week-end and saw a pair of black high heels that were very comfy except the price.   On Amazon if you’re a small size they are cheaper but unfortunately this time round my shoe size isn’tL I wasn't so keen on the round toe but again its how you wear them and they suprsingly looked nice on. I think I might however prefer the M&S Insolia Range which for high heels are super comfy.  I hear eBay calling me.  M&S Retail Stores are great for winter items such as the coats and the underwear is really great value.  Unfortuanetly I haven't seen the Insolia Range in th retail stores.  Sometimes it pays to go early in the morning to TK Max and check out the wonderbra and CK underwear they sell from £1 to £4 a piece and sit really well on.  I like the no VP range.  Remember you don’t need more than 3 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of trousers etc.  When I do clothes shopping I always shop in the sales!!!!  These Miss Sixty heels cost me £5.00 at the Miss Sixty sample saleJ  Sample sales are great, at the Miss Sixty and Rage one I paid £50.00 for £1000.00 worth of items. If you go at the end items are normally marked down every at the Miss Sixty one was £5.00
 
 Take care of your clothes and if you don’t need it or  have any doubts don’t buy it and you’ll save money. 
Always wash your bra’s by hand!!!! It will keep them whiter, in shape and they will last longer.  Remember if it doesn’t fit properly unless it’s a killer bargain and you can get it altered don’t bother you’re wasting your money.  Put the money in the money box rather and save, save, save. 

I must spend on average £200.00 only a year on clothes and shoes if that.  I shop at New Look, H&M, Matalan, TK Max and sales, not everything has to be designer and cost a fortune and if you do buy a few expensive items make sure they are good quality and they will last for years.  Team these with items that don’t cost a fortune and remember its how you wear the clothes that make them look classy.  I try to only buy one  item of clothing a month if I need it.  If not I make the clothes I have work.  Jewellery and accessories can make a big difference.  And if you’re bored or looking for something to do, make your own, jewellery and accessories, it’s really easy, fun and they make great gifts too, saving all around.  I’ll have do a page on jewellery making that I think.  So happy shopping in the sales ladies, window shop get home and internet shop, use the tools you have you’ll save a fortune. 

I can’t go without giving a health tip; when you clean this week end put your legs and tummy into it when vacuum cleaning, it will make a good work out.  Paint your toenails and do leg circles while they dry, grab some food tins, paint your nails and do some arm exercises, see no excuse to not exercise where time is involved.

Enjoy…….next body and facial products that work and don't cost a fortune, is see the money box getter fuller:)

No comments:

Post a Comment