Monday, 29 August 2011

So much to say where to start; diet, exercise, budget and glam!

Oh my I have so much to say today I don't know where to start.
Well this morning I did my run, which was short burst of sprints but I must admit I have been slacking on the eating right department of late and to my horror my dreaded cellulite has returned.  The solution is defiantly a combination of exercise, minimal junk dry brushing and the massaging of cream that works...naughty me.  So I was really good today and tonight was steak night.  But instead of the beloved Mrs Balls Chutney (which you can no get at Amazon with all your other lovely South African must haves) I put on some herbs and cottage cheese.  I had the steak combined with brown rice, some carrot & celery and I found a tin of mushrooms in the cupboard, so for a total of about £3.50 I have a lovely meal and planned overs yes planned over for another day. Remember when you do your shop and are looking through the meat counter to go the fridge that has the "close to sell by date" items in, they're marked down.  And there is nothing wrong with it.  Shops can't sell items passed the sell by date and personally I go by the smell, if milk smells funny its off, the sell by date doesn't tell you if it is or isn't.  So that's a healthy meal with some pennies saved...yey. 
Now back to the exercising.  I don't expect everyone to go sprinting off for a few km, but start small and remember there is no such word as I can't.  Get your walking nailed first then add a few sprints into it and then a few longer runs and before you know it you'll be a lot fitter and able to go further.  That's how I started and I can now do 20km no problem but I couldn't when I first started to get fit. 
I also needed to feel a bit glam today as I was feeling blah... So I sat down and painted my nails with my lovely new nail varnish that I received with the Elle magazine, truth be told I only bought the mag because of the nail polish but considering the price for the nail polish it was a bargain.  The trick by the way to get the nails to stop peeling off is to use Barry M transparent varnish on the top.  I've found Barry M doesn't peel off like most nail varnishes seem to do and I've tried them all from the cheapest at Superdrug to Chanel. Barry M does the trick. While my nails were drying I did some arm circles to bust the bingo wings before they start.  Arms = great, nails = great, my favourite jeans, trainers, with a t-shirt and a black lace camisole sticking out the top=glamoramae :) 
And ladies don't forget to look younger no matter what state we are in before we go to bed never ever ever sleep with the make up on.  If you want to look youthful and 50 that's one of the first steps to start taking now. 
Until tomorrow, night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment