Saturday, 1 October 2011

Pretty faces

Well as we are currently basking in 29°C heat in London at the moment and South Africa is going into summer I hope you haven’t forgot about your sunscreen.  I can’t stress enough how important it is to put on sunscreen all over.  Put it on when you put on your moisturiser in the morning and it should be at least an SPF30.  Nivea has a new one out that supports  your skins natural tanning abilities while still protecting it from harmful damaging rays.  And don’t forget to make sure your moisturiser has an SPF in it of at least 15, preferably 25.  If it doesn’t then try Simple’s face range of Sun Sensitive Protecting Facial Lotion, in an SPF25 or SPF50.  I know £10 is quiet a bit but you only use a little dollap and it goes very far.  The best thing is that it isn’t oily so your skin doesn’t break out in spotsJ 
While on about the sun been out though I am looking forward to winter and wearing my winter woollies the sun is still strangely out at the moment and I know we all want a tanned body but please remember sun beds are not the way to go.  They are highly dangerous and though you might not see the negative effects now in years to come you will.  Ever wondered why all those older sun kissed ladies look like they have perhaps one two many wrinkles or their skin is a little bit thin...too much sun is the answer.  Now I know orange is not a good look either but the self tanners you get in the shops these days aren’t at all bad don’t turn you orange and don’t smell bad.  I use the self tanners that you put on straight away, you can see where you have left a gap and it washes off straight away and apply just lightly to my legs when I need it.  It would look funny after all if I was all of a sudden tanned all over as I’m naturally fair and yes I’m proud to be so fair. 
Now while I’m not a fan of wearing foundation myself because I think if you don’t need to wear it don’t your skin will be better for it but if you do wear foundation a lot I came across an article in the Stylist tube mag last week and though I just had to share which might be old news to some of you but is newish to me.  Make up now also repairs, improves and provides anti ageing agents tooJ 
And one I found while searching all of these: Max Factor Ageless Elixir 2 in 1 Foundation
Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick  doesn’t just colour but contains a blend of shea, avocado and antioxidant rich white tea extract....think I might look at getting me some of that but I’ll wait until they have a free gift or 3 for 2J
And for the most delicate skin that we have the eyes there is:
Clinique Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-hour eye Colour for £ only available from 1 November.
Revlon Grow Luscious lash Liner treats lids to vitamin E, ale and chamomile as it colours.
Maybelline New York Volum’ Express the colossal Cat Eyes Mascara for £7.99 is a collagen and jojoba enriched mascara that promotes lash growth and is not clumpy.
Now remember don’t buy for the sake of it rather safe the money and look out for great 3 for 2 offers, most stores already have their Christmas goodies in. 
 A little tip I picked up the other week which is has nothing to do with makeup but I just thouhgt' I'd share is when you next have a picnic and don't want the blanket to get all dirty buy a cheap shower curtain for £1 from the pound shop and put it underneath the blanket.
Thanks for reading ladies please feel free to click following on the left so I know who I’m blogging to and if you add by email you’ll get an email every time I update. 
 Next time some more tummy exercises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment