Friday, 14 October 2011

Bums Take 2 and shoes, glorious shoes.

Right ladies, I realised last week the dreaded sag, you know that feeling when you put your favourite dress on look in the mirror and your bum looks like its sagging, so you take off the dress and stare at your bum in the mirror wondering if you have become bum obsessed, is it really sagging or is it all in your head???? Well I decided that it wasn't in my head, so I took my own bums of steel advice and spiced it up a bit.  Every night this week I have taken one of the techniques and done one leg to one whole song so in total about 400 lifts and yes I think its working and I feel better.  What exactly did I do....well on all fours with one leg straight out behind me I lifted this leg up and down, up and down for about 400 counts and burned like a red hot chili, then I did the other leg.  The next night on all fours again, MTV blaring, kindle on the floor in front of me on all fours I got again and this time did the leg push ups, so leg at 90 degrees and I pushed up for 400 counts each, I also read a chapter in Game of Thrones Book 3.b to which I think I am addicted.  And so I went on the whole week.  This morning I did my bums of steel routine and now if this has gotten easier for you I have another add on, once you've done the leg push up at 90 degrees hold your leg there and turn it out at a right angle (this is commonly known as the dog peeing position) and lower it down, then up and flex the leg completely out bring back in down, up out for a count of 25.  Remember to limit the not so good for you food and stick to wholewheat.  And get on your gym ball, rock your baby (if you have a lovely one, most of my friends do, hence the mention) to sleep while bouncing up and down and working your abs at the same time. 

A dear friend of mine has mentioned Nia Classes that she attends in Bahrain.  So if you're up for trying something new and different give it a go.  I haven't yet but if you do, leave a comment and give your thoughts on it. 

Now I know I haven't updated my sewing pages lately but I've had a bit of a bad run, with things not working out but the good news is I managed to make a dress today with no hiccups, so I'm back.  I'll need to take some pictures and upload them all.  Watch this space.

Well I have being on the look out for new winter boots, I was very good and saved up some pennies:)  I've been looking at the Clark's SoftWear Range they do not look like old lady boots and are so comfy to walk in, I've found the older I get the less the balls of my feet can take walking in my beloved high heels, but I've heard this could also have a lot to do with all the running I do.  So Soft Wear it shall be, the name says it all.   There is also Foot Glove and Insolia from Marks and Spencer's, though I've only seen one pair of shoe boots in the collection that I'm thinking of getting.  But if the weather is getting cool fast and I only need a knee length pair, I'll wait for the sale before getting the shoe boot pair, if I don't really need them now.  Always a savvy shopper, I can't say it enough if you don't need it don't buy it, save the money for something your really need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment