Sunday, 30 October 2011

For all the lovely new mommies out there

It seems in the last three months or so 1 out of every 2 woman I know has had a baby, in one week I knew of 7 babies born!!! Really good news if you ask me.  Though I do think their lives have now changed and so to have their routines.  In the last few weeks I've had a few friends ask about tips to tone up and loose the baby weight.  Now as I have never had a child and am not a dietitian who would know what you should be getting in if you are breastfeeding to keep the little one in tip top shape I would suggest checking the diet with your doctor or a dietitian.  I can give you some good tips though which applies to all of us really and does help keep you on the go when you are feeling tired all round.  I might not know tiredness from being kept up late all night but I do know tiredness from getting up early to run or gym, doing housework, going to work, coming home sewing and going to sleep.  Like I said not the same tiredness but I need energy all the same.  Anyway I have worked out if I have a banana or tomato or both first thing in the morning especially before I going running, my energy levels are all go for the day...yey which means at 10.00 I'm not falling asleep at my desk.  I've also discovered if I do feel like I'm falling asleep fresh air and rooibos tea does wonders to wake you up.  Right, back to the eating plan if you are not breastfeeding.  The first thing you have to remember is that you have to burn more calories than you are eating.  So lots of fruit and veg and no rubbish eating.  I would suggest a banana first thing when you have to wake up, then breakfast being All Bran not special K, All Bran with semi skimmed milk, you need the calcium for your bones and skimmed milk doesn't have enough.  Next time your feeling hungry have a glass of water first if your still hungry after that have some fruit or a cracker and cheese.  Make a healthy chicken salad and nibble on that through the day have yogurt, anything that is good for you, no sweets and no biscuits.  Its winter so have some healthy soup for lunch and follow the same rules as the morning if you get hungry in the afternoon.  For dinner have a healthy piece of meat with veggies, brown rice, wholeweat pasta no sauces and no ready meals.  I replace the sauce with cottage cheese on my food.  Get a good cellulite busting cream as well, remember to body brush.  Try the Avon Anew Cellulite I think you can use this while breastfeeing but please double check with your Avon Agent first!!  Or if you are not breastfeeding then try Annique Decrease Cellulite Cream warning however this is strong and it works but DO NOT USE IF BREASTFEEDING. There is also their Annique Body Sculpt . Rember that the creams only work combined with good eating patterns and exercise. 
Right now you have to exercise and no excuses.  Put your lovely baby in the pram and get walking.  Find a hill and to start off with once every 2 days push the pram up the hill keeping your back straight.  Then start doing it every day or twice a day. If you get 5 minutes do my bum exercise from my previous blog, bums of steal take 2.  Get yourself a gym ball and when ever you sit, sit on the gym ball toning your inner muscles bounce baby up and down on it to put them to sleep, roll from side to side with your stomach muscles while sitting.  The things you can do are many.  Want to perk up your breasts a bit, push ups.
I have also had a google and found out that there are some great classes for new mom with baby and pram. Hopefully there is one in your area if not get together with other new mom's in your area and start your own walking group.

http://www.pushymothers.com/
http://www.mummiesandbuggies.co.uk/
http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/diet/150171/New-mums--workout
http://www.beez-kneez.co.uk/
http://www.fitnessformummies.co.uk/
http://www.pampers.co.uk/en_GB/Me
http://www.netmums.com/barnet/local/view/classes-for-you/exercise-classes/buggyfit-class

For those of you who would like a good DVD I found this pilates dvd comes highly recommended. 
As with any exercise the main thing to remember is its all in your head, there is no such thing as "I can't"...just ask my sister that I made her run up the hill she kept saying "I can't Lisa Janey".  And now she runs up it no problems freely by herself. The other thing to remember is no excuses, excuses is laziness if you want to do it you will.  There you go ladies and I hope this helps don't forget drink lots of water and always check first that its okay to do while breastfeeding because like I said I've never had a baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment