Sunday, 27 November 2011

Christmas is coming:)

The holidays are coming, the holidays are coming, they say its not Christmas until you hear the Coca Cola Christmas Ad and even though I haven't heard it yet this year and maybe I'm just not watching enough TV but I've seen plenty of references to it on Face Book.  So the question is are you ready for Christmas.? Well I am though I'm not in the Christmas mood yet at all, we bought our tree yesterday but I have yet to go to Christmas market so that's my plan for next week-end.  But tonight I have had my Christmas gift box out, the box that I use for the whole year to store my Christmas gifts in that I buy through out the year in the lovely London sales.  One good thing about the recession if one can say there is anything good is there are lots of sales.  So in short my Christmas shopping is done and don't get me wrong it still took me hours through out the year and going from shop to shop to find the right gift for all those special friends but I didn't have to run out at the last minute or get crushed in the Christmas rush; mine is done.  Plus the money I've been saving every month in my little shoe piggy bank which I tell myself I can't spend as its for Christmas presents can now be used on me:) For my own Christmas gift.  So do yourself a favour for next year, buy in the Christmas sales ensuring you always have birthday gifts through out the year and in the sales through out the year will ensure Christmas next year will be sorted.  Don't forget the Boots Christmas gifts will still be 3 for 2 as they are now after Christmas sometimes at half the price.  If you have children after Christmas is the time to shop but as I said one thing we can be grateful for in England is the sales and this year they have started early because of the economic climate.  Now don't get me wrong I'm all for buying on the Internet and shopping around for a bargain but because of the economic climate the high street is suffering so I've deiced this year if I can afford it and it costs me a pound or two extra I'm going to buy a few things from my local high street, every little bit helps doesn't it at the end of the day. 

And if you're looking around for a new outfit for the Christmas party and budget is tight try this new website I have been introduced to call Swishing....it allows you to instantly swish online using virtual money credits.  You swap clothes with other swishes, its free, you can specify what you what, even if it must be brand new.  You swap your clothes you don't wear for credits and start swishing.  Swishing sends you your first free post bag whish you post back to them with your unwanted items in, you get virtual money credits for those items and all you pay for is the postage of your new item.  So get swishing and if asked who recommended you please say I did, I get some credits:)

So start your 2012 Christmas shopping early, miss the crowds and remember to keep saving a bit every month towards Christmas and then you get a nice surprise like I did tonight when its actually all done!. 
Merry Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. I picked up a good couple of books in a swook last weekend. LOVE IT x

    ReplyDelete