
Well yesterday morning standing outside Euston for the Armistice service was a sure reminder that it is now getting cold, this coupled with all the nice warm coats, boots, hats and all round winter woollies in the shops just makes me want to go out and shop, new coat, new boots, new gloves.....the list could go on. But do I really need new ones. Looking in my cupboard I have 2 good formal winter coats a black and grey one I bought in the Debenhams sale when I first moved to London about 3 years ago, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and a lovely red one also nothing wrong with it. Then I have the brown leather jacket which is about 40 years old or so it was my mom's and I redid the seam in that last year so that is going strong again. There is also the light cream leather jacket I bought just before I left South Africa oh and don't forget the lovely black jacket/coat I bought last year when I happened to go to work not dressed warm enough and it started snowing. So actually NO I don't need any more winter coats I have more than enough. That's 2 formal ones, 2 casual ones and a black one that can go for both! What my cupboard looked like before I went to the charity shop, goodness knows. Anyway I decided to spruce them up a bit because not only do I clearly not need a new one but I can make the old ones look new with a few buttons or removing buttons as I did tonight. To jazz up those old winter woollies instead of buying new ones, (we are on a budget of course) I delved into my Nan's button box and its old, very old, have a looksie in your grans or mum's they're sure to have one.
 |
| This is the warm black coat/jacket I bought last year and I think it looks a bit too casual with the duffel's on so...scroll down. |
 |
| The back of the coat is tapered in, making it look smart from the back especially with a nice pair of boots. |
 |
| For the more snug look add a woolen scarf, this is normally my Sunday walk round the park wear. |
 |
| And for the more smarter look, a dressier scarf, of course this will be wrapped around my neck, but you get the point. |
 |
| Well I removed the duffel buttons and now I'm happy that it can be warn smart or casual:) |
Now not forgetting the all important footwear. Get last years boots re-heeled and polished they'll look as good as new. And if you are needing new ones wait for the sales, mind you a lot of them have started already and invest in a good leather pair that you can re-heel and will last you for years, taking good care of them with sprays and polishes:)
So all in all, I think its safe to say we are all set for Winter, I hope.
 |
| I guess I won't be spending more money on winter warmers this winter and was pretty good in managing to get all of this in sales over the years:) So yes a great wardrobe on a budget with good high quality is possible!!! And it's how you wear it that counts, its all in the confidence, remember that and each one of us can hold our heads high and walk tall...just don't forget your Scholl insoles. |
No comments:
Post a Comment