I have pasted below my 3 fave dresses at the moment that fit me perfectly after all the toning I've been doing. Same pattern, New Look 6045 ; 3 dresses; all different. After making the first one which I thought was going to be so difficult, I was wrong it turned out to quite simple to make, so I got a bit more adventurous ~ see for yourselve bleow. And when I had to attend an awards event at the last minute, a full length lace evening dress in the same pattern seemed the obvious choice. One of the reasons I just love sewing there are so many choices, keep scrolling down and the toning exercises follow.
![]() |
Tone, tone, tone

Tone, tone, tone
1. Forgo the bus trip to the station and walk,
simple as that. When you walk remember
to always keep your back straight, tummy in and tighten your bum muscles with
each step. This works even better when
walking up hills. Put the bus money in a
jar and start saving some extra cash while you are at it.
2 I did a blog last year on Tim Ferriss's 4hour body, I'm still doing those exercises and the results are showing. Take 5-10 minutes every second day to do the
following:
Lie on your
back, legs at 90 degree angle and slowly lift your bum off of the floor curling
your toes as you go and pushing your heels into the floor, do this very slowly
for a count of 20. Then get on all fours
and do some horse kicks, using the same arm and leg, lift your arm forward and
your leg out until it is parallel with the floor for a repeat of 15 on each
side. Do this slowly; I count to 5 each
time.
3. Cleaning
house, make sure your back is straight and your tummy is in, work those stomach
muscles as you vacuum, dusting bending your arms, using extra muscle power as
you go.
4. I suffer
from the dreaded cellulite curse and I have tried most things to get rid of it
and have my own tried and tested methods that work for me. Having tried most creams the best cream I
have come across that works is Annique Circulex Cellulite Treatment, it burns when you put it on but it
works, hey no pain no gain right.
5. Every
morning and evening I use a body brush and brush off all those dead skin cells,
then when I've got out of the bath or shower I lather on cream from top to toe
and rub in extra hard on my thighs and bum with a massager. Remember you need to get the blood flowing.
6. The best
exercise I have found for cellulite is the leg lunge. Now I know a lot of people will be saying I
hate lunges, they don't work and I don't have time. I've tried them though and for me they work. I do mine while brushing my teeth. Just remember to go slowly and keep your back
straight. I find if I count repetitively
so 1,1 then 2,2 and so on they seem to go quicker, yes it is all in the head. Make them fun and do them to your favourite
song. Bored after a while there are a
few types of leg lunges, have a google and see what you can find.
7. Speed up your metabolism by drinking freezing
cold water first thing in the morning, eat slower, sit down when you eat at a
table making sure to sit up straight and chew your food properly. I recently read that eating by candle light
or with the lights dimmed helps you eat slower and digest your food better, how
true this is I don't know but it’s a good excuse for more romantic meals.
7. Do a bit of activity before eating a meal
this will also help speed up your metabolism and I find aids the digestion of
my food. So for 3-5 minutes before
dinner I get down on the floor on all fours, cushion under my knees, put the
radio on and some bum exercises, I do one leg to a song and alternate each night
between the bent leg donkey kick, straight leg donkey kick and the double leg
extension kit. Remember always to go slow and keep your back
straight and tummy in, this way you are not only tightening your bum but your
tummy is working too. (click on the bum exercises link above to be taken to a fab workout for your bum, demonstrating these exercises)
8. If you want nice arms like the lovely Michelle
Obama, start doing some push ups, granted you won't be able to do many at first
but if you start off slow aiming for 5, then every week increase your count,
you'll be doing 25 in no time and have fab toned arms no more bingo wings. And even though push ups won’t
stop gravity they help keep your breasts perkier.
9. Most importantly don't forget to smile while
walking, you'll feel better, ooze out confidence and though it won't happen
over night in a few weeks you will start to feel more toned, who knows you
might even start to enjoy exercising a bit too.
So start walking and get toning.




No comments:
Post a Comment