Rocking the Red Dress
Now I know the rule of thumb is to always have a LBD (little black dress) but I can’t help myself and also have a LRD (little red dress). As most skin tones and hair colours in my opinion can pull of red its always a winner, brighter and cheerier than black but still smart. Just double check your make up when wearing red as I personally need to make sure I wear greens and browns when wearing red clothing. No pink lipstick or any imperfection in my skin it shows up. Now this style is from the same pattern as the flower princess style dressed I showed last week but as you can see, different material, different colour, completelly different dress. It is still princess style so very flattering. This dress orginally had long sleeves but I wanted to wear it all year round so I took them out and finished off the shoulder seams with some red bias binding. I have to share this little fact with you; I found the bias binidng in the bottom of my mom's sewing box and as it still had the pence sticker on it was clearly bought before she immigrated to South Africa so about 30 years old. Some things were built to last. Back to the red dress, for a smart office look in winter, black tights, knee high heeled boots (always polished), court shoes or my favourite this season ankle boots with a smart jacket. For a dressed down office look wear it with a cardi instead of the jacket. Now this isn't a dress I would wear casually on the week-end but its great for going out to dinner and can easily be worn from the office day look into the dinner night out look. In summer and spring simply loose the knee high boots and tights. I think this dress looks great with some ankle boots and a mac for the fresh spring look.

Exercise tip for your legs to look even greater in your fab red dress, do calf raises while brushing your teeth, go slowly and ensure you do them for 2 minutes the amount of time you should spend brushing your teeth. Do normal front ones then turn your toes out and then in. No excuse not to exercise:)
Beroe I go a Home Cleaning Tip you'll love.
A few weeks ago I welcomed to my home as a house warming gift from my mom my new best cleaning friend the Polti Steam Cleaner. Now I’m a bit of a clean freak so normally I’m a scrub the floor type of gal, contrary to the believe of most people I really do scrub the floor on my hands and knees. Pictures will not be circulated of these actions though. Anyway my new flat has a lot more flooring and tiles to clean so I decided to invest in a floor steamer. Orginally I wanted one just for the floor but the lovely sales man at John Lewis (the best place to buy electrics by the way due to their extended warranty, competitive price and just good old fashioned customer service that counts) convinced me that I should go for a more multi functional one. I can clean the shower, the oven, windows, upholstery, carpet its great. No more limescale on my shower door. I simply sling it over my shoulder and glide along the floors, then pressure steam what ever else needs a clean. The brush also gets inbetween the grit on the tiles. The Polti has numerous brushes for attachments and you can even steam clean windows. It doesn't use any cleaning products just water so its saving me money on cleaning products and was cheaper than plain floor steamer I was orginally interested in and most importantly it works and does what it says on the box. How do I know this, I actually took a clean cloth over the kitchen floor to see if it picked up any dirt, the answer was no. While searching for the link today I also discovereds that it helps with dust mites, eczema, hayfever and asthma, I shall be using it on even more surfaces now.
As summer is heading my way next week I’m going to share some new and old tips on cellulite fighting and tighting that bottom!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment