Sunday, 17 February 2013

Brogues and Pumps the shoe of comfort and style


It's has being over a year but thanks to my friend Liese the proud producer and owner of SA Girl Doll who I am so proud of I have started my blog again.  

An eventful year it has been though, I have started and completed many sewing projects, found some great beauty routines, saved lots of pennies and moved home.  I now know all about ending a joint mortgage and stamp duty.  And yes all these valuable little pieces of information will follow.   

Saving the pennies:  If you don't need it, don't buy it.  It doesn't matter if it is on sale or two for one, simply ask yourself do you really need it and if you take longer than 5 minutes to answer yes the answer is really NO you don't you just think you do because its on sale.  Also if you want a snack at work, pre-plan.  I buy my work snacks in my grocery shop and take them with me to work; £1.00 for 4 packets of smarties is a lot cheaper than .60p to .80p a packet at the shop around the corner from the office.   

Style tip of the day:  First thing to remember is we are all beautiful!!! Yes beautiful, got it, right moving on.  I've read a lot of magazine pieces lately and chatted to quiet a few people who seem to think that if they are a mommy it is expected of them to not look good anymore or put the effort it.  Wrong!!  You are actually at your most beautiful because no matter how tired you maybe you have a little life that loves and adores you and the love you have for that child actually make you more radiant. I will never forget the first time I saw my best friend after a year when she had just had a baby she was and still is beautiful every day. 

Now I love dressing up for work and I don’t have a work and social wardrobe, I mix and match.  So ladies below are a few outfits.  The basic here is the cream skirt for winter, black tights and black jumper.  For those warmer days around the corner, short sleeve top and some pearls, then loose the pearls add the jacket and time for that drink. 

Or for a smarter affair team with a button blouse tucked in or out. 














Now I'm afraid it is out with the boring shoes that do not flatter you and in with the fabulous.  I'm not saying forgo comfort at all, especially if you are a mom you don’t want to be prancing around in high heels everyday but there are so many lovely comfy ballerina pumps and brogues out there today.  Brogues look great with tights and skirts, with trousers ending just above the ankle, or be daring smart shorts, tights and brogues, the list is endless and if its comfort and fab you are looking for they are just the thing. 


 

 

 












Before I go here is a sneek peek at my latest sewing project, almost finished. 




 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, writing a blog takes loads of effort so well done on coming back! A great post full of handy tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodie and I'm hoping to have my next post out tonight with some more tips, all going well:) have a great day and loving all your handy tips too, they have really helped my difficult sewing projects easier.

      Delete