Sunday, 11 March 2012

Table cloth


Yikes I hadn’t realised I hadn’t blogged last week....ooops!!!

Well yesterday I finally made my round table cloth.  Now I know this might sound boring but with me, never.  Firstly I measure my round table and I needed 150cm by 150cm material.  I wanted a green with some detail on it, preferably silky to go with the green pink in the lounge.  After searching my local material shop, my mom suggested a sheet.  So I looked for duvet covers, no luck.  Then I found some on Amazon.  A bit about sceptical buying material online but it looked just like I wanted so after a bit of uhming and ahhing I clicked buy.  Only to say nooooooooooooooooo when the email came through saying dispatched.  I had only ordered a meter.  It arrived was exactly what I wanted so I decided to get 3 black 20cm cut, one to go down the middle and one down each side.  Then I cut the green material down the middle only to cut down the 1m middle and not the 150cm middle.  Eeek.  So I sewed that back together and then cut down the right centre and added the 3 strips.  Then I phoned my mom in South Africa to tell me how to make it because I couldn’t find a simple way on you tube.  The result


The easy mom steps of how to make a round table cloth: 

1.        Measure the diameter o the table, mine was 120cm. 

2.       Add the drop and seam allowance for both sides of the tables.  I wanted a 3cm drop and 2cm seam.  So I added 10 cm.  Making it 130cm.

3.       Then take your material and fold in half to get a fold line.  

4.       Then fold in half again the opposite way, like folding a sheet, forming a square. 

5.       Place a pin (pin 1) in the centre of the first fold, which is the fold line of your second fold. 

6.       Fold back so you just have the first fold with the centre pin in. 

7.       Then divide your diameter (mine is 130cm) by 2.  Giving me 65cm.

8.       Measure 65cm down from the centre pin and place pin2 and 65cm up from the centre pin placing pin3.  Then 65cm across from the centre pin to the open ends of material placing pin4.

9.       To make your semi circle because the material is folded put your measuring tape on the pin1 and measure across 65cm to pin4. Then as if your measuring tape is a compass measure 65 cm round until you get back to pin2.  Now you have the bottom half of your semi circle.

10.   Now do the same for the top part.

11.   Mark well and cut out and there you have your circle. 

Now this week I’ve decided I’m making popcorn for my snack at work, this should stop me eating junk.  Yes the popcorn is self popped.  I have been doing my kettle bell exercise with the glute and horse kicks from Tim Ferriss’s 4 hour body for 3 weeks now and so far so good.  I have to admit that as I don’t need to lose any weight I haven’t been following the diet exact but I have been following it in essence.  I’m eating more eggs, lettuce, broccoli and having salad and meat for lunch and lo and behold I don’t have half the munchies I used to have. 

I have also realised the difference body brushing does for you.  I noticed how smooth the tops of my arms were which were a bit bumpy a year ago.  Not anymore.  So body brush, body brush, body brush and massage that body lotion in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment