Happy Belated New Year all. I've been on holiday, hence the reason I haven't posted since Christmas.
The good news is I've got lots of fab hints and ideas for 2012.
Well I went on holiday back home to South Africa and I made my annual trip to the Oral Hygienist to have my teeth cleaned. I discovered when I still lived in South Africa and with the money percentages at the time for my medical aid that it made more sense to see the Oral Hygienist first and then if she said there was anything wrong I'd go to the dentist. This was also due to the fact that I used go to the dentist every 6 months and end up paying a fortune for x-rays when there was nothing wrong to begin with. So I started seeing the Oral Hygienist first. This year she gave some very good information. Firstly if you use an electric toothbrush DO NOT use abrasive toothpaste, I'm guilty of this as I was using the Oral B Pro Expert. The abrasive toothpast combine with the rotations from the electric rotating brush will over time rub off the enamel. I will be shopping for a new toothpaste now. Secondly do not use whitening toothpaste, they contain acids and over time can erode your teeth. Check with you dentist if you are unsure and if you want whiter teeth, ask your dentist. Forget all these home teeth whitening kits in the long run and in years to come they will do damage!!! So that's my teeth sorted for 2012 and don't forget to do your leg exercises while you brush.
My mom and I also came up with a nifty way to clean the grooves in between floor tiles this week. Use the general house carpet cleaning machine if you have one. Fill the tank with water no soap, ( I learnt this the hard way). Then get a spray bottle and some tile cleaner, dilute the tile cleaner in the spray bottle as per instructions. Now use the carpet cleaner machine on the tiles as you would on the carpets except you spray the tile cleaner solution on and go over with the machine. As the grooves are cleaned you'll see the water on the tiles will look dirtier than what you thought it would be but this is just all the dirt been cleaned out the grooves. Then grab a clean cloth and just wipe up the dirty soap and water that is on the tiles. While you do it hold your tummy in and go up and down with your legs doing mini squats, this equals, clean floors, flatter tummy's and toned legs too:) Now I know this might sound like a lot of work but if you don't have a cleaner and have to do it all yourself this is worth giving it a go. And remember once the hard work is done of mopping up the tiles the next time you shouldn't have this problem.
If you are on a new years diet good luck and stick to it no matter what if you fall off, get right back on it.
And for all of your with babies thought you might like my latest sewing idea, a baby block.....I took all the scraps test pieces of my mom's from when she's run off embroidery designs and then made some different textures of my own and tada, it jingle jangles too but not too loud.
No comments:
Post a Comment