Happy Snow Day....yes it’s been snowing and now its
melting. Not sure I like it when the
snow is melting and I have to admit I prefer the snow after Christmas
personally as I don’t have any where to travel too, but if you do be safe and
drive carefully. Other than looking at
the snow today I found a good use for it.
It sure does work your leg and bum muscles while walking. You have to balance more while walking and it
works your tiny muscles in your legs a lot more, a bit like walking on the
sand. So what are you waiting for get
your snow boots on and get walking.
Actually while out for my snow walk this morning working my
legs I realised that I’ve spoken to so many friends lately that say they don’t
have enough time to spend on themselves.
And I need to say that we all deserve a little bit of me time, even if it’s
just 10 minutes. I make my phonecalls
when I go for a walk, the beauty of mobiles you can do 2 things at once or
while I’m walking home from work, plus it keeps me company. I put my weekly face mask on while my dinner
is getting ready and I’m doing my 5 minute bum toning exercises while reading
my book on my kindle...3 things in one.
If for some reason I havne’t been able to do my exercises in the morning
I’ve started incorporating them into my cleaning. When I clean the floor, I press down hard and
make sure I keep bending my legs up and down doing mini squats, when I dust I
stretch up and go down the wall at an angle when cleaning the bathroom. A complete work out and a clean house...brilliant.
Oh and a handy tip that I actually introduced my mom to when
I was home recently the joy of a lint roller.
Yes a lint roller, it has become my new best friend. I use it to pick up the bit’s of threads on
the table when I’m finished sewing. To
make sure it doesn’t stick to the table I run it down my clothes first picking
up all the fluff threads and fluff from myself first. Works on the couches too.
Now I’ve sewn 3 new outfits this year....see my sewing page
but a what to wear when you don’t know what to and all ways looks stylish and lovely,
a cream skirt; black top and court shoes.
Now I’ve teamed the skirt with a soft flowing black top that can be
tucked inside or worn on the outside which would make a bigger tummy look
slimmer with it been black and soft flowing.
If you want a nice outfit to out in in the evening team the top with jeans and heels, always elegant, always a winner.
| This Top is See & Sew B5170 and really easy to make The Skirt is McCalls 2634 a timeless pattern and so quick and easy |
Now go spend some time on yourself...you deserve it.
| See & Sew B5170 the same top glammed up with jeans for a night out. |
No comments:
Post a Comment